Wondering What To Do When Life Gives You Lemons...

When Life Gives You Lemons, Make Lemonade.

This is a proverb that has been used for many years to display optimism and a positive attitude whenever struck with calamity or adversity. Have you ever seen a child tasting lemon for the first time? Their reaction is awful. Such is the reference of lemon in this phrase which states the sourness of life. Making lemonade of lemon is the affirmative approach towards the sourness and bitter parts of life. What do you do when life gives you lemons?

When Life Gives You Lemons

There are challenges in every phase of life. Without challenges, you wouldn’t know the true potential you hold inside. You wouldn’t push yourselves to limits and beyond to know what you are really capable of. Instead of focusing on the problem, try finding a solution. So face the adversities of life by creating them into opportunities. In this article, you will find a collection of unique versions of this proverb that you can connect with hardships in life and ways to deal with them.


Find Out What to Do When Life Gives You Lemons


1. When life gives you lemons, simply take it.

When Life Gives You Lemons

There was a time when I was left without a job and with no support it was terrible to go through those difficult days. The only way to survive was to stay strong and accept everything that was happening in life. I took the time to become emotionally stable. I used that time to learn more about my interest that would help me to grow as a person. I also enrolled myself in a course that helped me to be engaged and creative. Once I knew, I could restart again, without wasting any time further; I went out to look for career opportunities that could stabilize me financially. Initially, it was difficult, but later on, I ended up finding a job that resonated with my passion and interest.


2. When life gives you lemons, make pickles.

When Life Gives You Lemons

As cliché as it sounds, make pickles when you are having the hardest days. We all have our lows in life. There are days when we struggle with the thought of our purpose in life. Questions like “Why I exist?” and “Where is my life going?” seem to never end and you are hit with sadness unless you find the answer. While you are fighting with such thoughts, make some room for self-discovery. Use this time to reflect on your inner self and your life goals. These are the times that will help you to lay a strong foundation of your life ahead.

You may like to read: Life Purpose Quotes


3. When life gives you lemons, make cleanser.

When Life Gives You Lemons Make Cleanser

Be adaptable to all the changes in life that come your way. We try to resist the changes because it makes us uncomfortable. However, it is important to learn that the real growth begins the moment we come out of our comfort zone. The struggle that we face in life makes us strong and builds our true character. These are the moments in life when we look back and make us proud of our accomplishments. 


4. When life gives you lemons, make a lemon cake.

When Life Gives You Lemons Make a Lemon Cake

Who wouldn’t want to try a lemon-flavored cake? Well, we cannot control how the pattern of life works. But we can definitely change our attitude towards the glitches that we are facing. If we try to control things our way, it might not work out and will leave us disappointed. We will feel more miserable. I had to accept the loss of my dad and many relatives who died back to back in the same year. I was filled with anguish and wondered why life is being so unfair. I knew, I had no control over this and acknowledged the reality of life. I remained calm throughout and accepted everything with time.   

You may also like to read: Moving on quotes

5. When life gives you lemons, make lemon tea.

When Life Gives You Lemons Make a Lemon Tea

This is the phrase that I relate to my failed relationships. Whenever I had a breakup, I had to face the worst nightmares of my life. Starting everything again from scratch was not easy. But with every failed relationship, life gave me a lesson worth remembering for generations to come. I realized that some people are not worthy of my tears and efforts. They were toxic and it is good that they are not in my life anymore. I learned my lessons and avoided all the mistakes while getting into a new relationship. I was more guarded, wise, and sorted. I never stopped trying and ultimately, the universe conspired to meet the wonderful person who is now my beloved husband. So make a lemon tea and drink it every day to remove toxins from your body.


6. When life gives you lemons, plant its seed.

When Life Gives You Lemons Plant Its Seeds

You will befriend people who will hurt you, break you instead of raising you up. People are going to disappoint us. You will be left wondering what is wrong with you and why you end up being with the wrong people. Sometimes wrong people often teach you the right lessons. Don’t let anybody steal your peace and happiness. Try contemplating on your methods of choosing people and do not regret anything. Be compassionate, be open. Right people will be attracted to your warmth and kindness. Remember social relationship is needed for our survival.


7. When life gives you lemons, sell them.

When Life Gives You Lemons Sell Them

Without adequate financial support, it is difficult to make it through the day. Only when I had to face such a challenge, I realized how important it is to manage finances well. The economy is constantly changing. It is essential to have a good saving and a passive income that can take care of your bad days. So when life gives you lemons, sell them to earn money, and invest later.


8. When life gives you lemons, make lemon candies.

When Life Gives You Lemons Make Candies

Unfortunately, not every home is a happy home. Some of you might have grown up in a wonderful family environment while others had to grow in a toxic environment. Every family has issues. If life gives you such despairing moments, remember to not lose hope. Focus on the good sides of your family and create a healthy and loving environment. If still things don’t improve, it is pertinent to walk out and choose peace over everything that is harming you. You are better off without toxic people in life.


9. When life gives you lemons, be grateful.

When Life Gives You Lemons Be Grateful

We should be grateful for all the good and bad times in our life. Hardships and challenges shape us into a strong individual and make us resilient. We should be thankful that it is not something worse. What if you get diagnosed with a major health illness or so? The pain would be dreadful. Life will become more ruthless. So whenever you are suffering in life, try to be more gratified and you will find a way to deal with all the distress.

10. When life gives you lemons, give it back to life.

When Life Gives You Lemons Be Grateful Give It Back To Life

Every successful person in life had to go through some of their worse days that enabled them to reach where they are right now. I have come across stories of many people who had physical challenges to live a normal life. But their physical disability didn’t stop them to achieve their goals. Stephen Hawking, Albert Einstein, Thomas Edison are some of the prominent names who made it big in life regardless of their disabilities. When life gives such trials, respond back to life with massive success. 

Bottom Line

We all are going to face ups and downs in life. Challenges make us realize our inner strength and help us reach our true potential. When life gives you a reason to cry, trick your mind to find a way to laugh back. When life gives you lemons, turn it into an opportunity that becomes the reason for you to succeed. Look at the positive side and it will help you to grow as an individual.

I hope you enjoyed this post. Let us know your version of "when life gives you lemons" in the below comment box.

Share this with your friends and family who are struggling with lemons in life. 

Post a Comment

0 Comments